The company is a leading manufacturer and remanufacturer in the automotive, heavy duty, and transportation industry. We produce starters, alternators and electrical components for worldwide distribution. Today, with a strong market presence in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia, Remy International is organized into three main business units:
Remy’s original equipment division is comprised of three primary channels:
- Automotive: Remy is a major supplier for such original equipment manufacturers as General Motors, DaimlerChrylser, Toyota, Honda and Hyundai/Kia.
- Heavy-duty vehicles: Remy is the leading supplier of original equipment and aftermarket starters and alternators for heavy-duty vehicles in North America.
- Electric motors for electric and hybrid applications: Remy is the world’s largest independent production electric motor supplier and a leader in many aspects of hybrid and electric vehicle technology, including our patented hairpin stator technology.
Our OE business has operations in the US, Mexico, Brazil, China and Korea.
As one of the largest producers of remanufactured starters and alternators for the aftermarket, we provide electrical replacement components, replacement parts and powertrain/drivetrain components for automobiles, light trucks, heavy-duty trucks and other heavy-duty vehicles. In the automotive segment we are a major supplier to large automotive parts retailers like Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, and O’Reilly. In addition we supply repair shops with Remy brand through a network of Warehouse Distributors (WD) customers. In North America, Remy Power Products facilities are located in Mexico, Oklahoma, and Virginia.
The locomotive division remanufactures locomotive power, marine and industrial engine components. Remy has two main locomotive facilities in North America:
- Peru, Indiana: remanufacturers power assemblies, top deck jewelry, and engine components
- Winnipeg, Canada: remanufactures crankshaft, camshaft, roots blower, drive gears, and engine components
Our demonstrated expertise in the locomotive area led to Remy being named the exclusive remanufacturer Electro-Motive Diesel.